Sunday, May 3, 2009

Longwood Reunion - April 2009

Longwood University

Even though I don't feel like I'm old enough for a COLLEGE reunion, sure enough it was the last weekend in April! I graduated from Longwood University in May 2005 and attended the Decade of the 2000s reunion April 24-26, 2009.
Friday - First order of business was to meet up with some of my girls and go to MACADO's! Amanda, Kathryn, Mary, Ashley, and I had dinner and drinks. Then Amanda ordered dessert and a shot that was supposed to describe each of our personalities...but the waiter kept forgetting. Although he apologized, we never got them... Just in case you're curious, this is what we were supposed to get:
Kathryn - Apple Pie
Mary - Scooby Snacks
Ashley - Dirty Water
Me - Royal Flush


After Macado's, we were off to the bowling alley, where we played three games.



Saturday - We went to information sessions at our colleges to see what's going on at Longwood. I was (and still am) AMAZED at all of the construction, renovations, and changes happening now and in the near future. There is a beautiful new rec center, a Barnes and Noble bookstore, and a new student union on the way. Longwood is also starting a nursing program!



After touring the campus a bit, we met up with Jen, her husband, Joe, and their daughter Alivia. We went to Pino's for lunch and caught up. We went to the new science building and the Rotunda to take some pictures and look around. Then we headed to the bookstore for some Starbucks :)


Amanda and I decided to hang out on a blanket by Wheeler (my freshman dorm) while some of the other girls headed back to the hotel before the cookout. We read, talked, and I even fell asleep. I felt like I was a freshman again! Longwood had a cookout for the alumni with bbq and a band. After that, we headed off to Mulligan's to finish off the weekend. It was an awesome weekend with my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment