Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Wood Stove


It is amazing how something can take you back.  I have the most wonderful memories of home.  I realize that home is where the heart is and we're not supposed to get attached to material things and blah, blah, blah.  I still can't help but love our family's home. It has changed over the years (mostly for the better).  Our home has never anything "fancy", but it has always been beautiful.  It is the place where my whole family was a family, the place where my parents brought my new little sister home, the place where we woke up on Christmas morning and had to wait at the top of the steps until Mama and Daddy called us down, the place where we sat at the table and laughed and ate...our home. A big part of our home is this wood stove.  Our main source of heat, where Lauren, Leslie, and I put on our clothes in the winter, the place where our stockings hung at Christmas time, the place where Mama cooked for us when there was no electricity.  The stove has officially left our home so that Mama can get a new, more efficient source of heat.  I'm happy that Mama will have a warm house, but it still makes me (and Mama, Lauren, and Leslie) a little sad.  I reckon we'll have to find a new place to gather and warm our butts during the winter! :)

1 comment:

  1. As long as I am here we will still gather together to be warm in body and heart and make new memories.

    ReplyDelete