Saturday, February 28, 2009

Boston - Day One




Amanda had to drop me off at her house as soon as she picked me up from the train station. She had to work, so I was on my own my first day in Boston. I am proud to say that I found the metro station (the T), figured out where I was going, and made it to the Museum of Fine Arts all by myself! :) I spent the morning at the museum, which had photography exhibits and art from different parts of the world. The picture above was part of my favorite room in the museum - European furniture from the 1700s. There were also lots of paintings by Monet that I loved.
After the museum, I hung out and ate at a Qdoba near one of the universities while I waited for Amanda. We walked down the famous Newbury Street (looooots of shopping!) and through a nearby park before heading to Cheers for dinner. I wanted to go there for the atmosphere, but was amazed at how good the food was! If you ever go, definitely get the Carla's Pasta Caprese. It was delicious!
By this point, my feet were killing me! So we headed home to rest up for day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment