Saturday, February 28, 2009

Boston - Day Two




Amanda didn't have to work Saturday morning, so we headed downtown to Skywalk Observatory. If you are ever in Boston, I definitely recommend spending the $10 or so to visit the 50th floor of the Prudential building! You have a 360 degree view of Boston with an audio tour explaining the significance of important buildings/areas of Boston. The two bottom pictures are some that I took while at the Skywalk Observatory.

After a quick lunch Amanda and her roomie, Jenn, headed out and I headed to the JFK Museum. I didn't expect to enjoy this museum as much as I did. After a 17 minute video which takes you from JFK's birth to his election, the museum exhibits pick up and walk you through his election, his time in office, and his assassination. It was really quite interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed the museum - it was actually my favorite of the ones I visited. One of the middle pictures is the view of Boston from the museum.

For dinner, Amanda, Jess, and I went to an Indian restaurant in Jamaica Plain, the super cool town where they live. This was my first time eating Indian food and I LOVED it. I also loved that they served us free champagne for Valentine's Day! After a yummy dinner, we headed to a local pub. Lucky for us, it was karaoke night! Although none of us participated, it was fun to watch the locals get drunk and happy and sing for us! :) haha. We also learned to rock the dart board. Fabulous V-day in Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment