Saturday, February 28, 2009

Boston - Day Three




My third and final day in Boston, Amanda was off the whole day! We started the day by going to the Harvard Museum of Natural History. In my opinion, this was the worst museum ever! It had boring exhibits and we went on a Sunday morning (FREE to MA residents). If you live in MA and STILL want to go, I recommend going anytime other than Sunday morning, even if it's free. It was way too crowded and we didn't even go to some exhibits because it was so crowded. After walking through Harvard Yard and getting a mini-tour from Amanda (who had been on a real tour), we lunched at Chipotle.
After lunch, we hopped back on the T and headed to the New England Aquarium. After waiting for an hour to get to the TICKET BOOTH, we finally got into the aquarium. We were just in time to see the penguin feeding, which was pretty cool. Each penguin has different colored bands on their arms so the employees can mark which ones have been feed. Amanda loved the penguins (as you will see in the picture!). The jellyfish exhibit was really cool. My favorite was the sea turtles! I have been fascinated with turtles since I led a turtle to the ocean about ten years ago on a family vacation to Holden Beach.
After a couple of hours at the aquarium, we went to Faneuil Hall Market Place, where we checked out the shops and listened to a quick lecture of the history of Faneuil Hall.
We finished off the day at an Italian restaurant in the North End, topped off by dessert from Mike's Pastries. There were no fewer than 50 people in line to get pastries - and for good reason! Best pastries ever! You can get them online! :)
Because of the luggage issue I had on my way to Boston, I went ahead and left Sunday night instead of Monday morning. It was an amazzzing trip! My only problem with Boston is the wind - that place is freezing!

No comments:

Post a Comment