Saturday, February 28, 2009

Boston via Amtrak


When I decided to visit my friend Amanda in Boston, I checked into plane and train tickets. I've always thought it would be fun to take a train trip, and considering the tickets were cheaper, Amtrak became my mode of transportation to Boston.
I've never travelled by myself, so I was a little intimidated. A friend dropped me off at the train station, where I printed off my tickets and checked my really big (50 pound) suitcase*! I read my book, looked at a magazine, and listened to my ipod for about 2 hours until we made it to DC, where I had a two and a half hour wait until the next train. I slept almost the entire night and arrived in Boston about 7:45 AM Friday morning. Besides a guy who would start singing at the top of his lungs in the middle of the night for no apparent reason, it was a pretty good, quiet trip. The only problem I had was with my luggage - they sent it to another Boston train station (thankfully, only about 10 minutes away)!
My trip back wasn't too eventful either. I took another night train, so I slept most of the way. I've decided I enjoy travelling by train, but maybe Boston is a little far! :)
*FYI - I only had a four day trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment