Monday, September 28, 2009

Prayer Request




Michael took Lucy this morning to *sniff* get declawed. This is something that I said I'd never never never do! I know it needs to be done (those front claws can be vicious!) and we'll all be happier when it's done and Lucy can come to our new home. However, this doesn't mean that I didn't cry my eyes out this morning when he left with her!

Which brings me to the highlight of my story (and my day)...McKayla. She is only the sweetest child E.V.E.R. I was crying so hard when Lucy left and she just came up and put her little arms around me and hugged me. When I looked at her, she was crying, too. I asked her, "Are you crying for me or for Lucy?" and she said, "I don't know which." She was so sweet, telling me how Lucy would be fine and she would be home soon. About twenty minutes later, I took McKayla to school.

Later this morning, I was picking up in McKayla's room and saw her notebook open on the floor. The top of the page said "prayer list". Under that, she had written "lucy-get her claws taken out". It just melted my heart.

This afternoon, the first thing McKayla did went she was picked up from school was to call and ask me how Lucy was doing, and reassured me that Thursday (when I pick Lucy up from the vet) is not that far away!

I am so lucky to have such a sweet child in my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment