Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Love Lucy

Things I love:

* My cat, Lucy - she is so funny. She drives me crazy sometimes (tearing up my carpet, trying to drink out of the kitchen sink). She also makes me happy! She cuddles up to me in bed, sits in my lap while I work, and greets me at the door. She is an awesome companion.

* Books - they are the best escape. I love to get caught up in a book - so caught up that it makes me forget what's going on in my own life. I love books that make me think, books that make me laugh, and books that make me cry.

* TV shows on DVD - hello! no commercials! :)

* My family - they are my very own little support group. If I'm sad or hurt, I pick up the phone and call Mama. She talks me through it. I also call her (then L1 and L3) if something awesome has just happened. I cannot keep my emotions to myself!! Lauren calls me every day - kind of checking on me, making sure I'm okay. I get worried when she doesn't call. It's comforting to know someone is looking out for me. Sometimes I'll go days without talking to Leslie, then I'll call her two or three times in one day. We have those serious heart-to-hearts that you can only have with someone you love and trust. I love my family.

* My house - it may not be the biggest house, my kitchen may need some serious work, and my bathroom may need ANOTHER new floor, but I love it. It is mine. I have worked hard to make my house my home, and it is.

* My walls - they are filled with beautiful art from my family, all framed lovingly by my grandfather or my daddy. I have two watercolors from my uncle, Hunter. I have Robert Harris Photography all over the dining room walls. I have a beautiful cross-stitch that Mama made for Daddy almost thirty years ago. I have paintings done by my great-grandparents. I have a beautiful print of a cowboy feeding his horse, a surprise gift from GaGa and Betty when I was in high school. I love my walls.

* My Longwood blanket - it has been used and washed many, many times. It's the comfiest blanket ever. Go Lancers!

* My shoes - the taller, the better. And they always fit ;)

* My movie collection - since I don't really have tv, I love going to my dvd collection (122 and counting) and popping in a movie. I have watched all of them (except for some of the newer ones) at least twice - some more than 10-15 times.

* Travel - I love going to new places. I'm about as tourist-y as you can get (minus the fanny pack - I'm anti-fanny pack)! I love museums, aquariums, and other places unique to a city. I'd love to visit every major city in the US and Canada (I haven't made it too far - Atlanta, Boston, Charleston, Chicago, New York City, but I'm working on it)!

* My family's cats and dogs - Brother, Dodge (or Kitty, as Mama calls her), Toby, and Bo. And Jasmine - she is the best. dog. ever.

* One Tree Hill - it's one of the best tv shows I've seen in a while.

* Micah, Shana, and Nathan Love - they are sweet, beautiful children and I love them.

* My 2008 Mercury Mariner Premier - it has sweet leather seats, GPS navigation, a sunroof, and heated seats. It's fabulous and I love it!

* So so so many other things - but that's all for tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment