Sunday, March 22, 2009

What If?

Do you ever wonder what life would be like today if we'd just done or not done one little thing? For example, JMU was my first choice for a college. The first time I went, I fell in love with the campus, the atmosphere, the band - everything! I got myself a JMU sweathshirt and a purple L.L. Bean backpack for Christmas. I was ready to go! Thennn I got back with my high school boyfriend and decided to go to Longwood to be closer to him (fyi - NEVER make an important decision based on a guy, especially in high school!). I sent in everything for Longwood, was all stoked to go, then that guy broke up with me. Bummer. Not only did he break my heart, but I had changed my life's course because of him. Long story short, I went to Longwood and LOVED it! I loved everything about Longwood and still do. In fact, I'm headed back there in April to meet up with some of my girlfriends. I had some of my best times and met some of my best friends on that campus. I also got to know my future husband and got engaged at Longwood.


On that note... what if I had never gotten back with my high school boyfriend? What if I had decided to go to JMU anyway? What if...what if...what if?


No matter how many times I ask myself this question, nothing will change the fact that I did not go to JMU because of someone else. Nothing will change the fact that I went to Longwood. Nothing will change the fact that I fell in love with my husband and got engaged a few years later.


But sometimes I still wonder.....what if?

1 comment:

  1. I wonder all the time... but remember everything happens for a reason... we just don't know what.3
    L1

    ReplyDelete