Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

As the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays approach, I am trying to constantly remind myself what is important.  It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the season, the gift giving and decorating, the running from house to house to make sure you get a visit with everyone.  Tonight, we didn't get home until 10PM, but I decided to let McKayla stay up anyway and help me bake a pie.  I'm glad I did; even though she got peanut butter all over her little fingers and I had to keep reminding her to not touch something, it meant a lot to both of us.  We put on our aprons and I was able to teach her something.  She said I was making her a baker - that no one had done that with her before.  I never knew what a blessing a step-child could be.  She has truly become my daughter and I love her so much.

This Thanksgiving, I truly have more to be thankful for than I could have ever imagined.  I have a wonderful, loving husband.  We have a beautiful daughter.  I have the best family ever.  I have a warm, cozy home and a good job.  I really have no reason to complain, although I admit that hasn't stopped me.  I have SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR.

Here are some of the lyrics to one of my favorite songs. It comes from Josh Groban's holiday cd and is called "Thankful":


Some days we forget
To look around us
Some days we can't see
The joy that surrounds us
So caught up inside ourselves
We take when we should give.

So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be.
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see.
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.




Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment