Monday, November 9, 2009

They Creep Into Your Heart....

Anyone can tell that McKayla (along with her daddy!) has completely stolen my heart.  I've never considered myself to be a selfISH person, but I wouldn't say that I'm selfLESS either!  Let me tell you, becoming a parent has totally changed my perspective on things!  I find myself doing things that I wouldn't be doing otherwise!

For instance, this past weekend, Michael, McKayla and I were at the Duke/UNC game.  McKayla and I were getting a little hungry and decided we wanted to both eat Chic-Fil-A sandwiches. At these games, you get in separate lines for different kinds of food (i.e. the pizza line, the sandwich line, etc).  After waiting in the sandwich line for a while, we both asked for a Chic-Fil-A sandwich. They gave us the LAST ONE IN THE WHOLE STADIUM. McKayla really enjoyed that sandwich... while I ate a hot dog. Yuck!

I sleep less, wake up much earlier, find myself going out of the way to make her smile, and let her pick the oatmeal flavor we buy (even if it's not my favorite!).  McKayla has certainly changed my life... and definitely for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment